Saturday, December 1, 2018

LSSL 5391 Final Reflection

Before I began this course, Digital Technology for the School Librarian, I thought that we would be learning about the physical hardware used within a school. The librarian at my school spends a large amount of her time setting up and fixing equipment. I've learned a lot from her, but this is not my area of interest or gifting; so I was a bit nervous about the class.

When I discovered that the course focus was on utilizing digital technology to create, I was excited because I thought that it would be fun to "play" with various online tools. I was right! I had a lot of fun in this class learning new things.



Here is my walk down memory lane created with Storyboard That. Click on the comic to see more detail.

Made with Storyboard That

As a final thought, I'd like to comment on the Food for Thought quote provided by my professor from J. Hatmaker. One of the most important things that we can do as teachers and librarians is to examine and listen to our learning community. Rather than jumping in with preconceived ideas based on what we think, we need to assess the situation to determine the needs of our community and progress from there. Librarians and teachers are in the service industry. We can't meet needs if we don't understand what they are. That is my goal as a soon-to-be fully certified librarian: listen, learn, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment...